The inside of my fridge is so shiny and clean.
Nope, not a fit of spring cleaning. More like a victim of major appliance failure. Yeah, my refrigerator died. We’ve had it less than five years, so I’m a little less than thrilled with this development. I think what bothers me most is having to throw out all that food. What a waste.
Oh, well. It gave me a chance to really clean the fridge and freezer, right? See that packed shelf on the right? That’s my stash o’ yummy. Pickles, olives, garlic, horseradish and an assortment of hot pepper sauces. One jar actually combines two of my favorites: Wickles (pickles and peppers). (Lightbulb! Now I remember why I’ve got a touch of the heartburn.)
With that chore out of the way, I was able to finish up the gift for Miss L’s teacher. Ca-yuuuuuuttttteeeee! And that’s all I’m sharing right now. You’ll just have to wait for the tutorial. I promise; it’s worth it.
Things I’m pondering right now:
- Does it hurt my cat’s feelings that I call him “fat butt”?
- Is the name-calling perhaps the reason why he feels compelled to drink out of my water glass?
- What the hell was I thinking when I decided to stitch that zipper in by hand?
- Should I have gone to bed two hours ago?
- Will tonight’s Lost make more sense when I watch it tomorrow than it did while I was sewing while watching it tonight?
- Did that shrimp taste a little funny?
- How is it possible for one 3-foot-tall person to make such a huge mess in such a short amount of time?
- When is my husband going to finish writing that darned email?
- How sick is the dog going to get after eating a half a bag of Easter chocolate (imported German, I might add), including the aluminum wrappers? (I know chocolate is like poison to dogs; I don’t know how she found it and am genuinely concerned about her well being. And ticked that she had to eat the expensive stuff instead of the Cadbury Mini Eggs, which are cheaper and more easily replaced.)
- Should I start the dishwasher tonight or wait until after breakfast tomorrow?
- Did I turn off everything downstairs?
- Do I have to work out in the morning?
- Where did my daughter hide my checkbook?
- Why can’t I train the cats to go fetch my slippers? (My feet are cold!)
- Can I actually justify buying more fabric?