Hack that Tote! Mix & Match Elements to Create Your Perfect Bag
Stash Books, an imprint of C&T Publishing
Totes, transformed! A visual guide to making every type of bag
One pattern … infinite looks! With simple tweaks, you can reinvent the basic tote 11 ways, sewing useful projects like a backpack, messenger bag, laundry duffle, and stylish cross-body purse. Create your perfect carryall by adding pockets, leather handles, fabric straps and tabs, O-rings, snap hooks, purse frames, and more for endless variety. A fabric and interfacing guide helps beginners and more experienced sewists choose the right materials every time. Just measure, mark, and cut—no printed patterns needed!
• Alter a basic tote 11 ways! Switch up the size, shape, pockets, straps, drawstrings, zippers, and hardware to create bags for many uses
• Expert tips on choosing the right fabric and interfacing for sturdy bags that look amazing
• Easy, dimensional cutting instructions for fast, professional results
Give your favorite girls the gift of endless wardrobe options!
Best-selling author Mary Abreu is back with a book that will shut down the dreaded words, “I have nothing to wear!” from young girls. Starting with three basic pieces—a top/dress, skirt, and pants—you’ll learn how to modify simple patterns and rectangles to make twelve classic garments: four tops/dresses, four shorts/pants, and four skirts. Technique instructions teach you how to gather, create waistband casings, and insert zippers. Advice on choosing fabrics and adding embellishments is also included. With this handy guide, you can help your girls develop a style all their own.
• Add collars, change armholes, and add ruffles to basic garments to create updated takes on existing pieces
• Clear techniques will guide you on how to finish seam allowances, insert zippers, hem, and add unique embellishments
• Help your girls create an entirely new wardrobe of classic pieces to mix and match in any way they want.
Little Girls, Big Style: Sew a Boutique Wardrobe From 4 Easy Patterns
Stash Books, an imprint of C&T Publishing
Give Your Girl Some Twirl!
• Every day is dress-up day-mix and match 4 basic patterns into hundreds of adorable outfits
• Complete instructions on all the basics-finishing seams, gathering, topstitching, hemming, shirring, and more
• Beginner-friendly approach to sewing “boutique” clothing for girls
• Make it your own with your favorite fabrics and embellishments
With 23 projects in sizes 2-6, you can create a closet full of clothes for any little girl in your life. Everything you need to learn is here, from the basic sewing to the stylish finishing. It’s all about handmade!
35 hat patterns for every age, gender, and fashion sense
Sewn Hats is a collaboration of hat designs from 29 of the industry’s most-loved fabric designers, pattern designers, and bloggers. The collection features a variety of hat patterns for all genders, sizes, ages, and fashion sense. Seamstresses will find options in a vast array of styles that use a wide variety of fabric types, from felt to silk, corduroy to cotton, and everything in between.
Expertly edited by top designer Carla Hegeman Crim, the designer and blogger behind The Scientific Seamstress, Sewn Hats is sure to offer inspiration for all home seamstresses. Contributors include:
- Patty Young (MODKID Designs)
- Kaari Meng (French General)
- Joanna Figueroa (Fig Tree & Co.)
- Kathy Mack (Pink Chalk Studio)
- Dolin O’Shea (Lulu Bliss)
- Lisa Carroccio (Domestic Diva’s Disasters)
- Alexia Marcelle Abegg (Green Bee Patterns)
- Heather Niziolek (Goosie Girl)
- Melissa Stramel (Lilac Lane)
- Jaime Morrison Curtis and Jacinda Boneau (Prudent Baby)
- Karen LePage (One Girl Circus)
- Jennifer Hagedorn (Tie Dye Diva Designs)
- Shelly Figueroa (Figgy’s Patterns)
- Bonnie Shaffer (Hats with a Past)
- Jessica Christian (Craftiness is Not Optional)
- Bari J. Ackerman (Bari J.)
- Mary Abreu (Confessions of a Craft Addict)
- Jennifer Paganelli (Sis Boom)
- Irene Rodegerdts (Mushroom Villagers)
- Anneliese S. (Aesthetic Nest)
- Linda and Scott Hansen (Miss Mabel Studio and Blue Nickel Studios)
- Betz White (betzwhite.com)
- Kim Christopherson (YouCanMakeThis.com)
- Melissa Averinos (www.yummygoods.com)
- Val Pillow & Anne Maxfield (Pillow & Maxfield)