People tend to give me the crazy eyebrow when I tell them I sit on a massage stool when I sew.
It wasn’t always the case. I previously used a big ol’ office chair with arm rests and a high back and everything. What I found was that the arm rests got in the way and I never sat far enough back to take advantage of the back rest.
A massage stool just made more sense for me. But it was kind of … boring. Plain.
As part of the big studio re-do, I decide to make a little slipcover for the stool. It took virtually no time at all to make. The biggest challenge was making sure my measurements were right (and the attention to detail paid off because it was a perfect fit.
I measured across the top and then drafted a circle 1/2″ larger to account for the seam allowance and any mistakes in measuring. I cut strips 2″ longer than the depth of the stool to give me enough width for the seam allowance and also to create a casing for the elastic drawstring that holds the cover to the chair.
Cut everything out, finished the raw edge of the rectangle, sewed it into a circle, pinned it to the top, sewed it, then made the drawstring casing and boom! Done!