I have my very own magazine! Burda made it just for me. No, really. They did. Of course they never said anything about it and have neglected to mention me anywhere within, but the proof is irrefutable:
1. For the Creative and Curious Multi-Crafter Hello? Craft addict here. They may as well have stuck my name over the title.
2. Anna My mother’s name and the reason I’m a crafter. It’s an homage, obviously. Plus my mom was German. Burda? Also German.
3. Peonies Love peonies! One of my favorite flowers. (See also: tulips, hydrangeas, irises, azaleas.)
4. Butterfly Love butterflies! Love cross stitch!
5. Lace doilies to crochet My mom was into crochet, big time. It’s only natural they’d want to include one of her go-to projects.
I picked it up at Borders the other day, based solely on the name. The tagline is what sold me. Plus I thought some of the projects looked kind of fun. OK, and I am something of a magazine junkie, so it was pretty much an easy sell. Although you’d think Burda would just send me a comp sub since they made it for me and all …
P.S. Thanks to everyone who has become a fan of my blog on Facebook. Y’all make me smile! Funny non sequitur: If you try to set up a page on Facebook with the word “addict” in it, you can’t — at least not without having a member of the FB team review it and deem it OK for public consumption. LOL!