My week of pattern testing comes to a close with my version of Patty‘s Emma top and skirt (plus a cute little coordinating purse).
This actually was the toughest set for me to sew — not the actual sewing but the fabric selection. I really wanted to sew from my stash but nothing seemed quite right. Or I didn’t have enough fabric to make it work.
In the end, I decided to use opposite polka dots, picked up some yardage and knocked it out. Looking at the finished product, I think I cn honestly say I’ve made it “me.”
The most time consuming part of sewing this pattern is finishing the hem on the petals (there are 12 between the top and skirt). My serger made fairly quick work out of the rolled hem and I’m grateful for that. Of course, I’m envisioning a pretty lace edge to the petals on a future project, which I’m sure I’ll be cussing about after I get started. LOL!
I threw a T-shirt on Miss L before we left the house today and it’s just as cute as without (but a bit more comfortable for this hot-and-cold Spring weather we’re having). The colors are so pretty and I think the outfit may be just the thing for the annual Easter egg hunt we attend.