Days Two-Four of this week’s pattern-testing binge is all about the new Mod Kid Sewing Patterns by Patty Young. Of course, I’ve only sewn two out of three things and have been laid up today with the rotten cold Miss L shared with me, so Day Four may be Friday. Or Saturday.
I broke my personal fabric-buying rules when I picked up the Sprites of Tillbrook: I had no idea what I was going to make with it, but I bought it anyway. When I started looking through my stash for fabrics to use when pattern testing Frida, I just knew the Tillbrook would be awesome. And I think I was right!
Do you know how it is when you get an idea for something and then make it, and it’s even better than you’d imagined? Well, that’s kind of how I feel about this dress. I am so happy with how it turned out! I’m working on the headscarf (it’s about half done) but I used the same floral fabric from the bodice for it and I think I’m using the mushrooms for the ties.
I like how easily the pattern comes together and I’m happy with the fit. I sized up a tad bit so Liesl could wear this all summer. I think I might make the next dress a little longer, just because she’s so tall in proportion to her girth.
I’m already plotting what fabrics to use for the next one of these I sew. I think I’m going to do the tunic with a pair of shorts. And definitely more pockets — the little miss loves her some pockets and these are a nice size for holding all of her treasures.