I had the idea for this giveaway last year but realized pretty quickly that I needed to spend a little more time pullling everything together to make it work the way I envisioned. As the year has gone on, I’ve set aside little goodies and now have accumulated what I think is the ultimate craft addict gift package. Behold:
There’s a little bit of everything here: fabric, beads, Scrabble tiles, scrapbooking elements, ribbon, tulle, yarn, snaps, buttons, embroidery kits, patterns and books. Everything you need to be a craft addict or feed your existing crafty addiction. A couple of things are from my stash or pre-loved, while some things were purchased new just for you. I think it’s a pretty cool prize and I hope you will, too. (And, given it’s size, I think you can understand why I’m not doing Scrapapalooza this month.)
I’m truly excited to be able to hold this giveaway in conjunction with the Sew, Mama, Sew Give-Away Day (even though I’m a day later than expected). Please be sure to head over to the blog and check out all the amazing crafty blogs that are hosting giveaways.
And allllll this crafty goodness can be YOURS. That’s right — packed in a box to arrive on your doorstep before Christmas. But there’s a catch. Yes, I’m going to make you work for it. Here are the official rules for the Have a Craft Addict Christmas giveaway.
1. You must have a shipping address in the contiguous 48 states. I hate to exclude my crafty friends outside of that boundary but given the size and weight of this package, I need to control shipping costs as much as possible. Forgive me.
2. You must comment on THIS post with a working email address by 9 p.m. Eastern time on Dec. 12, 2008. At that time, I will close comments on this post.
3. Please comment only once on this post.
4. In your comment, you must write about your favorite charity. Tell me the name of it, why you support it, what it does, whatever — give them a plug! Include a link to its web site, if you’d like. I think it’s incredibly important to support nonprofit and charitable organizations throughout the year, not just during the winter holidays, but now’s a great time to share about the good works done by others.
5. If you have a blog, you can earn FIVE extra entries by posting about my giveaway on your blog and linking back to this post. It’d be nice to include my requirement to write about a favorite charity in order to enter, but it’s not a dealbreaker. Please include the link to your blog entry in your one and only comment for entry. You can use the graphic I’ve made on your post, as well.
6. Don’t have a blog? You can earn FIVE extra entries by uploading my graphic to your Flickr or Photobucket account and posting the link to my giveaway in the photo comments/description field. Please include the link to your upload in your one and only comment for entry.
7. The most extra entries you can earn is FIVE, so do No. 5 or No. 6 but not both unless you just really love this giveaway and want to shout it from the rooftops.
8. I will do the official drawing on Dec. 14, barring any unforseen circumstances such as another computer hard drive failure, losing Internet, losing power, losing my mind or having more entries than I anticipate (my all-time best is 110, IIRC). Winner of the Have a Craft Addict Christmas giveaway will be announced Dec. 15.
9. The winner will need to contact me with his/her information within 48 hours of the prize announcement or I will choose another winner.
Good luck and thanks for playing!
ETA: If your comment doesn’t show up right away, don’t sweat it. The way my comment spam filter is set, if there’s an external link posted, it automatically flags it for my approval before posting. I’m trying to keep up with them as fast as I can.