Thanks to Blair for tagging me. It’s taken me less time than usual to get around to this meme, so that’s gotta be noteworthy. 😉
Six Things About Me You May/May Not Know
1. I am a major geek. MAJOR. I like Star Trek, Star Wars, Buffy, comics, computers — you name it, I probably like it.
2. Claustrophobia, thy name is Mary. I am incredibly claustrophobic. I’ve been known to wake up in a panic at night because I’ve managed to get the blankets wrapped around myself in such a way that I feel trapped. Large groups of people have the same effect, which is why I tend to avoid places like the mall during the holidays.
3. I’m an absent-minded correspondent. (OK, some of you already know this. *cough* Christi *cough*) I tend to fall off on my side of the conversation and finally remember I need to respond about a month later. It’s the downside of multitasking — some things require a singular effort and I put them off until I have the time to focus on just one thing. Sadly, that takes a while.
4. This one probably makes me an awful person: I’m not so much about the forgiving. It’s usually a one-shot deal with me. Blow it and that’s it; game over. And I’m not big on that whole, “well, it’s family” as an excuse to put up with stuff. Just because we’re related doesn’t mean you get to crap on me.
5. I will watch the same movies over and over again. I’ll even cry at all the same parts. To wit: Field of Dreams, A League of Their Own, The Notebook (shut up!), Steel Magnolias, Fried Green Tomatoes.
6. In my head, I’m closer to 25 than 40. And I have a hard time reconciling the two. Seriously — I can’t be almost 40 years old. Good grief — I watch Gossip Girl!